Welcome to St. Patrick’s, Revesby Heights
Message from Fr Salas
I hope that you are all keeping safe and well during this challenging time of lockdown due to the coronavirus pandemic. I know that it must be difficult for many of you as there has not been the opportunity for us to gather as a community to worship the Lord or for you to receive the sacraments. However, know that Fr Bhaskar and I are keeping you in our prayers and are here for you whenever you need. Please do not hesitate to contact the parish at any time if you need assistance. This is a strange period for all of us and there is no harm in reaching out if you may be struggling.
In the Scriptures we hear Jesus say, “I am the Light of the world; he who follows me will not walk in darkness but will have the light of life” (Jn 8:12). Through this time, it may feel as though the light is difficult to find, but be assured that Christ, who is the Light, is very near to you. Do not lose hope but strive to look for the light in the little moments of each day. In these moments, you will find that Christ is with you, even though you cannot be as close as you would like to be, through the Eucharist. Take consolation then, from the words at the end of Matthew’s gospel that reassure us of this reality, “I am with you always, even to the end of the age” (Mt 28:20).
As for the parish, there are few things of which I would like to inform you. Our weekly livestream mass will recommence at 5:30pm this Saturday, 24 July 2021 (St Christopher’s Panania). This will be the only livestream to cover all masses over the weekend so please join us virtually to offer your prayers and intentions in unity with the parish. If you cannot join us live at 5:30pm on Saturday, feel free to access the recording any time over the weekend. The link will be made available on our YouTube channel and parish Facebook page of both St Christopher’s & St Patrick’s). Please click on the link below to watch the livestream of the mass from St Christopher’s (available to access from 5.30pm, Saturday 24 July) – https://youtu.be/IeADhOpU1d0
Further, I would like to take this opportunity to also welcome seminarian, Justin Faehrmann, to our parish. Justin is currently studying for the priesthood in Rome but has returned to the Archdiocese during his break from studies and will be on assignment here at St Christopher’s until September.
Finally, this Sunday is the feast day of our parish patron saint, St Christopher. As you know, we will not be able to gather as a community to celebrate this great saint but perhaps you can take some time before Sunday to reflect on how to celebrate his feast day within your home, giving thanks to St Christopher for his intercession to God for us.
May God continue to bless and keep you safe during this time and I look forward to seeing you all again soon when we can once again worship Him together in person.
Wish you all a happy feast of St Christopher.
St Christopher’s Panania & St Patrick’s Revesby Heights
The NSW Government has announced a new COVID-19 restrictions on churches effective from 14/7/2021
* All churches across greater Sydney are closed until at least midnight on Friday, 30 July, under a NSW Government lockdown aimed at containing the spread of COVID-19.
* Funerals may proceed at this time, with a maximum of 10 people in in the congregation.
* Masks are compulsory for all people when in the church.
* More information is available on the Archdiocesan website below
* Please be in the church foyer at least 20 minutes before Mass starts, this is to enable sufficient time to sign in prior to the commencement of Masses (Please note: all entering the Church must sign-in for COVID-safe purposes and social distancing and hygiene measures must be observed at all times)
* Please note registration is still required for NSW government regulations
* Sign-in using the QR code or the sign-in sheet
* Thank you for using the QR codes. You can also download the QR reader APP or the NSW service APP if you have trouble using the codes.
* Please contact Parish Office 9774 3662 for further information.
|At St Patrick’s we are committed to continuing to serve you during this challenging time through our Facebook page and website. If you are able to continue to support us with your regular contribution or donation it will be most appreciated. Click here to support us.|
St. Patrick’s, Revesby Heights
St. Patrick’s, Revesby Heights parish is a welcoming, supportive and diverse community of believers inspired by the life of Jesus. We are called to make Christ present in our parish, in our local community and in our world.
Our mission is to know Christ and to make him known; to be a community committed to discovering Christ present in each person through our ministry to each other, our service to the wider community, the joyful celebration of the Eucharist and other sacraments, and our active concern for social justice.